Saturday, January 15, 2022

January Technique Blog Hop: Let's Get Geometrical

The January Technique blog hop is getting geometrical!  We are going to have lots of fun with cool shapes.  (If you're already hopping, then you've probably arrived from Kim's blog.  From here, you'll visit Darlys next.)


I was inspired by a card from last month's Craft with Heart subscription, so I recreated the general layout with color inspiration from Smitten (Raspberry, Capri, Flamingo, and Lemonade) and the January stamp of the month, Sweet Little Things.  I had fun with the rectangles and circles for this geometrical card.  I used several Spectrum Noir Tri-Blend markers and a white gel pen to color my images.  I added a bitty sparkle to the focal flower center for a little sparkle in addition to the Capri glitter paper.

Please leave a comment before you hop on to Darlys's blog next!  Thank you!


I'm also linking this card up to the Double Trouble Challenge #100 to use layers and dies.

12 comments:

  1. What a FUN geometrical card and that cute little mouse, flowers, and sentiment from the FREE SOTM. Our cardstock are also PERFECT for this design...love how you used both sides for the different looks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable, love that extra little flowers at the base of the card as an extra embellishment

    ReplyDelete
  3. How clever, I love the added glitter paper!The mouse is so adorable!I will be using this design, thank you sooo much for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute card, I love the use of this thin cut, the glitter paper and of course that mouse is the cutest thing ever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is soo cute!! I love the use of the thin cut! (and you can get so many cards from just one cut!) Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That card makes me smile! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fun design! I may copy it too...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haley, such a cute little mouse! Great job coloring him/her! I like how you matched the flowers the mouse is holding with the yellow flowers in the lower left geometric shape! Thank you for sharing your card and talents with us at Double Trouble for our 100th challenge!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute card, Haley! Your design is so cheerful with the bright colors. Thank you for playing along with us at Double Trouble Challenge #100.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute cards! I love the bright colors and triangles.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bright and colorful and a cheery card and mouse. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble "Layer It Up" and hope to see you in some of our future challenges.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails