Saturday, January 1, 2022

January 2022 Stamp of the Month Blog Hop: Sweet Little Things

Happy 2022!  Close To My Heart has an adorably sweet stamp of the month, Sweet Little Things, to kick off the new year.  Hop along to see lots of great ideas with this stamp set.  (If you're already hopping, then you've probably arrived from Kim's blog.  From here, you'll visit ScrappinKaty's blog next.)

I decided to make two simple cards focusing on two of the adorable images, Spectrum Noir Tri-Blend makers for coloring, and coordinating with simple cardstock.  For my first card, after coloring the bear, flowers, bee, and foliage, I used a waterbrush and Carolina ink to paint a background.  Although I was channeling the Sweet as Honey collection, the colors didn't work as well as I had expected, so I used Black and Lemonade cardstock.  A few black acrylic star shapes finished it off (because I thought a sentiment on the front took away from the image).

My second card uses only markers to color the image.  I tried using the True Blue marker to create a sky without coloring in the entire background.  (In truth, I like the waterbrush/ink background better but glad I tried this idea.)  I paired my image with Carolina, Sage, and Ballerina cardstock.  If you look closely on the sentiment, you can see that I highlighted parts of the saying with a marker.



Isn't this set adorable?  Please leave a comment- I'd love to know your favorite image- before hopping on to ScrappinKaty's blog next to continue the January stamp of the month blog hop.
{Click HERE for all the hop participants and their blogs.}



7 comments:

  1. Super cute! Sweet and simple...and perfect!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both of the cards, they are just so sweet, beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful simplicity! You really let the images shine!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like both of your cards. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both of your cards and both ways of doing the background look fantastic. I think my favourite images from this stamp set are the bunnies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These cards give me such a HAPPY feel and I love the different "skies" you added in the background, Haley!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails