Tuesday, August 30, 2022

First Day of School Layout

It's really hard for me to believe that this year is my 30th start to school as a public educator!  Because we had such an unusual start, I decided to add a 6x12 flip flap to be able to write about what happened and still celebrate our start.


I decided to use Linen, Black, and Grape as my color scheme to match my photos.  I also selected Pattern 36 from Make It From Your Heart, Vol. 3 as my layout guide (although of course I put my twist on it).  

I knew that I had a lot of journaling that I wanted to include but not let it be the showcase of my layout, so I typed up my experience to then "hide" on the left page.


I used both the retiring Daisy Alphabet and August stamp of the month, Teach Love Inspire, as stamped accents on my layout.


I also used a variety of acrylic shapes in black and white to accent the page.  The black patterned paper is from the retired Love Story (Black), and the Linen chicken wire paper is from Backyard Bliss.

If you have a lot of journaling, especially if it's somewhat private or sensitive, consider adding it below a flip flap element.  If you need any help with this, please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails