Monday, August 15, 2022

H2H Challenges: In the Backyard

Summer is the perfect time for Heart2Heart Challenge's latest, In the Backyard!  I decided to use the Backyard Bliss collection to scrapbook photos from a recent wedding we attended.  I think the colors work well with my photos!

I have been wanting to try to recreate the heart layout features on p. 25 of the retiring idea book (available through the end of this month only).  Instead of using 2" squares, I used ten 2.5" squares which were then cut in half on the diagonal.  (It actually took more than 10 to get the patterns, etc., to work nicely.)  I used all of the patterned paper in the Backyard Bliss collection.
I used my new Floral Sentiments stamp set, Papaya glitter paper, and Crisp Air embellishments to accent my pages.  I used Papaya, Sapphire, Rosemary, and Pine inks with my stamping (and Papaya for the distressing).

On the far right, the photo hides my journaling and another photo, which I am not sharing here to respect our friends' privacy.  The journaling definitely includes the "who, what, when, where, and why" details.  I would like to think that I will always remember the moment, but future generations won't necessarily without the added journaling.

Please leave a comment before visiting the Heart2Heart Challenge blog for our designers' inspiration and to join us for either (or both!) of our August challenges!  Thank you!


1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails