Saturday, January 9, 2010

Felicity Fun: Pierced Ears Layout

Have you seen the gorgeous Felicity paper pack and stamp set available only for National Papercrafting Month? I made good use of my snow day and got some scrapbooking done. It was way too cold for me to spend much time outside. ;)


The papers I used here are from the Sorbet part of the collection. Do you love the scallop on the left side? It is one of the die cuts of the Felicity special, cut in half. The left page itself is based on the Reflections sketch, "Half & Half- 4 Photo."

Even though I'm not crazy about cutting, it was totally worth cutting out all the flowers and medallions for this layout. Layering the pieces gave it extra pizzaz. The sparkles bling and buttons don't hurt either.


The right side layout also came from Reflections: "Triple Play- Basics." I really, really want to hoard that flowery paper on the top half, but I will force myself to use it on various projects. I still have a sheet and a half left... Again, this side is embellished with cut-out stamped images, sparkles, and buttons.
Techniques: I used my new Crop-o-Dile Big Bite to punch holes in the bottom left of the left page, bottom right of the right page, and the top right photo matte on the right page to mimic the polka dots on the B&T paper. For the two sets on the actual base pages of the layout, I glued some Sorbet card stock behind the layout to peek through the holes. I also used that fun paper pleating technique to make the "ribbon" running across the middle of the right page.

All supplies CTMH: Felicity paper pack and stamp set; Sorbet, Barn Red, and Desert Sand ink; Sorbet, Colonial White, and Desert Sand card stock; Sparkles; Bitty Sparkles; Basic Buttons
{Layout 2010 #1}

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh SOOO cute!!! I LOVE these papers. I have a LO I will be posting next Saturday using them. Keep warm Hayley.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hayley...go check out the CPS blog!!! I am sure you were listed as a winner for one of their sketches woohooo!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails