Thursday, January 28, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Things are busy around here- I'm sure you can relate- but I feel an overwhelming sense of gratitude and humbleness right now. Thank you to everyone who pops in here and especially those of you who leave me comments! It means so much to me to think that my little corner of the world might inspire or somehow touch you. Thanks for stopping by!

I guess I'm just taking a moment to appreciate this imperfect thing called LIFE. We were thrilled to have unexpected visitors Tuesday night: my Uncle Bob (Dad's brother) and Aunt Lynne from New Hampshire! (We thought they were headed to visit my parents in Florida but instead crashed at their house here.) My brother and I were both cooking in our crockpots, so we, along with my sister and her family, all contributed to a smorgasbord supper.


I'm sure it also has something to do with taking off a 1/2 day yesterday to help my husband buy a suit to be a pallbearer this weekend. (A long-time family friend passed away at 82. If you live around these parts, then you remember Jack and Pat Tucker of Tucker's Inn Restaurant. Our prayers are with Pat and the rest of the family!)

The victims in Haiti also weigh heavily on my mind. We are so blessed to live where we do, and we shouldn't take it for granted. God bless the USA!

Go hug your loved ones!!!!

{NOTE: The card is NOT my creation but is one that we will make with the Veranda kit. Thank you to the CTMH Corporate Office Artists for this lovely card sample. I am scheduling this workshop for later this spring, but you can order a kit at any time.}

4 comments:

  1. Great post, honey. The only thing wrong with that party is that Dad and I were not there, darn it! We don't like missing out on fun, and that was a fun gathering! We are truly blessed. No doubt about that.

    Please pass on our love to Pat and family. We hate missing Jack's funeral. He was mighty special and will truly be missed...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thoughts, and thank you for sharing them! Glad you got to visit with Bob and Lynne. Weather permitting, I'll see you Saturday. If I don't get there, please give Pat a hug for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great thought for the day...go hug your loved ones!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails