Monday, December 5, 2011

H2H Challenges: Photo Inspiration

This week Heart 2 Heart Challenges is asking you to use this gorgeous holiday photo to inspire your creation! (You can check out all the Design Team's interpretations at the H2H blog.)

I decided to use the photo's colors, polka dots, and ribbon to inspire this layout of Christmas 2008. At first, I tried to place my photos in a circle like the wreath, but it just didn't work. When I'm stumped while scrapbooking, I always reach for one of my handy-dandy Close To My Heart how-to books, and Imagine had the perfect sketch for these nine photos. (This sketch is called "Rhapsody.")

I did rotate the left page to fit the orientation of my photos. To create the polk dots, I got out my 1-1/4" circle punch and my small circle punch to add white "polka dots" to the Cranberry and Pear cardstock pieces. Some ribbon, sparkles, and opaques later, I had completed my layout! (Oh, I also used red glitz gel to add a little sparkle to the holly border.) Can you see Rudolph's nose so bright? Love those red sparkles!

Now it's your turn! Create a project with some CTMH products based on this inspiration photo, and then upload it to the H2H Challenges blog. Happy crafting this holiday season!

{Layout 2011 #76}

2 comments:

  1. Love this! I can see where the wreath photo inspired you, then your layout takes it to the next level. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layouts, Haley! Don't you just love that wreath?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails