Monday, February 13, 2023

Blue Valentine Cards

Though I don’t have the blues, I have a daughter whose favorite color is blue, plus I wanted to make a Valentine card for my husband that wasn't too "froufrou."  I was channeling the Life’s a Hoot collection for these cards.  

First up, our daughter’s card: I started with a Periwinkle cardstock panel that I cut with this pretty heart Thin Cut card front.  I also cut it with Sapphire and Lagoon cardstock and a pretty piece of Grape watercolor paper from the Life's a Hoot collection.  After I glued the Periwinkle panel to the card front, I added the different heart pieces until I was happy with the arrangement.  (NOTE: Take a picture so you can recreate this because you will have to add some glue!).  I stamped the (retired) sentiment in Sapphire.

Now for my husband’s: it was really easy to recreate the card but with a more masculine Sapphire cardstock heart panel as the main frame.  For his, I stamped the same sentiment with Grape ink.


Both cards are embellished with Teal (heart) dots.  (Also, thank you to CTMH Maker Cat Nowak for the inspiration for these cards!)

Wishing you and yours a very happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails