Monday, May 22, 2023

Change of Scenery, Layout #1

When I saw the National Scrapbooking Day special, Change of Scenery, I knew that I wanted to use my pictures from our hike in the Joyce Kilmer Memorial Forest for one of the layouts.  (BTW, this kit is still available while supplies last only!)


Since I had so many photos from this fun hike, I decide to go off script and create two 6"x12" flip flaps to incorporate all my photos.  (I did add one piece of White Daisy and one piece of Toffee cardstock to the kit- plus the flip flaps- to create what I envisioned.)   Here is a close up of the left page opened up.

I forgot that I also used a scrap of White Daisy plus some of the leftover Pine cardstock for my journaling spot.

For both pages, I added leftover strips of torn "cloud" paper to the top to help mimic the feel of the layout.  On the right page, I knew that I wanted to include at least two pictures vertically to help give a feel for the incredible height of many of the trees in this forest.  I also added some scraps of patterned paper leftover from the workshop to add more interest to the finished page.


Paper tearing is a fun technique to add a rustic twist to your projects!  Please give it a try!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails