Thursday, May 11, 2023

Graduation Card #1

Our older daughter is graduating today with her masters degree from the University of Georgia (Go Dawgs!), so I had lots of fun making this red and black card for her using the cool acetate technique (which is of course much prettier in person).


I used a combination of Hello Darlin’ paper and zip strips, Hey Handsome paper and zip strips, and black and candy apple shimmer trim on acetate to make the mosaic tile background.  Unfortunately, the shine from the acetate does not photograph well, so this card sparkles even more in real life!


Though I used a retired graduation stamp set, I think it works really well on the shaker window.  I filled the shaker window with silver mini star confetti, clear loose gems, and sequins, plus a red acrylic heart (❤️).  Can you see how I added a black dot to the mortar board and a bitty sparkle to the diploma?

Here’s another look at this fun card. I hope our daughter loves it as much as I love making it for her!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails