Wednesday, July 31, 2013

A Chocolate Affair: August Stamp of the Month Blog Hop

What could be better than chocolate?  Crafting with chocolate perhaps?  Check out the Close To My Heart August stamp of the month, A Chocolate Affair, and this sweet blog hop.  (If you're already hopping, then you should have arrived from Elizabeth's blog.  After enjoying my delectable creations, you'll head on over to Michelle's blog.)
My mind was still on the Heart 2 Heart Challenges Ombre challenge, so I grabbed several of our yummy browns: Champagne, Cashmere, Desert Sand, and Chocolate.  Isn't this a great sketch from Originals?  I am so excited that the card how-to guide is available again (as of 8/1/13!)  If you look closely, the top square comes from the new Frosted paper pack, and the second square (plus the long strip) come from Huntington.  Aren't they beautiful?  How about that gorgeous bronze shimmer trim?  I couldn't leave my treats plain, so I jazzed them up with some Almond glitter glitz gel.
Of course, this is one card that is way prettier in real life.  Also, don't worry if your Cashmere and Desert Sand look the same when you stamp them.  As they dry, they will show their true colors.

Now, on to my next project:
I also used A Chocolate Affair to help preserve my 36th birthday.  (And yes, I'm way past that birthday!)  It was easy to line up the stamps across the bottom of the layout, lay my long block on top of them to pick them up, ink them up in Champagne ink, and then stamp away.


The Claire paper pack is now retired, but it might show up sometime in the "While Supplies Last" section of my website.


CTMH is even sweetening the pot this month!  With a minimum $50 order, the August stamp of the month will be FREE!

Now, go check out Michelle's chocolate-y treat!

11 comments:

  1. Great projects - love that chocolate border on your layout! Super sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always enjoy your layouts - I am way past my 36 birthday - as a matter of fact 'life' told me to reverse the numbers! eek!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card and great layout - now I want some chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both of your projects since they both involve chocolate!! ;-) Thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an interesting take on the Ombre challenge--your variations in color on the chocolate card are so subtle I almost didn't notice it. Love it!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your chocolates are decorated really cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails