Friday, July 19, 2013

My Girls Layout

Rationally, I know that our girls should be growing up, but I can't believe how much they're growing up!  Our older daughter just turned 15, and our younger is already 12.  I just had to print and scrapbook a few of my favorite photos of us from a little earlier this year.
After I started cutting my Surf's Up paper for the layout (using a sketch from Magic), I was NOT loving it.  Fortunately, our B&T Duos are have two completely different patterns on each side.  Flipping a few of them really made this layout work much better.
Cutting some of the swirls out of the B&T Duos really helped me dig this layout even more.  For the journaling block, I decided to soften its starkness by stamping one of the Universal Background stamps in Bamboo.  It matches the linen look of the B&T really well.
The Bohemian alphabet made a pretty title, with the added bonus of a flower and a few swirls to tie everything together.  A little burlap ribbon and lots of bling (Mocha Opaques and blue Sparkles) made this layout really groovy.  What do you think of my girls?

2 comments:

  1. To add insult to injury, our oldest got her learner's permit today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cut-out swirls, and of course the Bohemian alphabet. Your girls are growing up so fast! They are beautiful young ladies.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails