Wednesday, July 17, 2013

The Sweet Life Layout

At my scrapbook class this past Sunday, we created "The Sweet Life" layout using a Make It From Your Heart, Vol. 1 sketch, the Buzz & Bumble paper pack (retiring), and the July stamp of the month, Sweet Life.
My husband thought this layout was too plain, but I like it.  We talked about telling our stories, even if we didn't have a lot of photos to share.  Why we think that we have a sweet life was pretty important to me to document!
 We stamped our title with the Old World alphabet using colors from the Buzz & Bumble paper pack.  Waterbrush coloring was a technique we practiced.  HINT: Since I wanted the tops of my peaches to be lighter than the bottom, I turned the entire page over to color.  With the waterbrush, it will be darkest when you first pick up and use the ink, then it will lighten up.
For the right page, my apple leaves ran into the paper strip.  I grabbed my craft knife to cut the leaves so that I could pull them forward and slide the strip behind the leaves.  I love how it turned out!

Our life may not be perfect, but it is indeed sweet!  We are so very, very blessed.

2 comments:

  1. I so agree with you on the sweet life. It is always about attitude. Very nice layout. No, it is not dull nor plain. Perfect...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this layout, too, and since I was at the class, one day soon I will get some pictures and journaling on mine!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails