Sunday, July 7, 2013

Cards for H2H Challenges and a New Challenge Blog

Life has been very busy since I got home from the Close To My Heart Convention, and I have needed to make several cards.  (I will also catch you up a bit on said life while I'm at it.  I don't even want to talk about our remodel, however.) First, this sweet young couple is celebrating 18 years of marriage!
As I looked for inspiration for hubby's anniversary card, I stumbled across a new-to-me challenge blog, Atlantic Heart Challenges and their current sketch, #10. 
I grabbed my For Always paper pack and cut two Whisper card stock card bases and two identical B&T paper panels.  I used my CTMH Cricut Artiste cartridge to cut a few frames and circles.  Both cards not only manage to use the sketch but also meet this week's Heart to Heart Challenge to mix and match at least three stamp sets and/or paper packs.
I used the Artiste Kudos stamp set (from the Artiste Cricut collection), the Salutation Seals stamp set, and the Card Chatter- Love (retired) stamp set for this card with Black, Whisper, Slate, and Ruby inks.
I even remembered to stamp the inside- and take a picture before I wrote in it!
Recently, a dear friend's 92-year-young father passed away, so I made a card for her also using this paper pack and sketch.  I used 3 different stamp sets again: Card Chatter- Sympathy, Universal Backgrounds, and this past April's stamp of the month.  I used Black, Slate, and Twilight inks for this card.
To make the little flower, I tore a strip of 1"x12" Whisper card stock in half lengthwise.  Then, I snipped the straight edge about halfway across the strip every 1/4" or so to make the card stock easier to bend, fold, and pleat.
Then, I started bending, folding, and pleating the strip to make a circle and then continued on around layer the strip on top of itself until I had a flower form that I liked.  (I snipped off the excess strip, since the 12" was too long.)  I used glue dots to hold everything together.
A pretty sparkle finished the center and hid my raw edges.

Now, it's too late for you to enter the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #10, but they'll be posting a new one soon.  You have until the end of July to take the H2H Mix & Match challenge.  It's never too late to get inky!  I've got several more cards to share in the next few days, so please come back to visit.  Life has indeed been busy!

11 comments:

  1. I love both cards, that are both amazing, and I love For Always too, glad it's around for another 6 months. Thank you for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge, look forward to seeing more entries from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both your cards. The pop of red in your first card is perfect for an anniversary card and the mellow blues in the second are great for a sympathy card! Just love the versatility of the always paper pack

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are wonderful. I especially like the love card.

    Hugs,
    Mary Ellen, Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. I love the black, red and white combination. Thanks for playing with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.
    Margaret, DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards...beautiful couple. We love happily ever after...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards! I really like the one with the bird!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work! I LOVE that paper pleated flower. Thanks for playing along at Atlantic Hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards - and Happy Anniversary to you both. I understand about the busy life - I am so far behind on cardmaking, but seeing your pictures makes me want to get busy again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, wow, three stamps times two...ugh, I am not a mathematician, lol. LOVE the little flower tutorial! Happy anniversary, Haley and hubby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great combination of stamps! I love everything about your card design!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haley -

    You are the mixology queen this week! Happy Anniversary!

    Paige

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails