Tuesday, February 1, 2022

February Stamp of the Month Blog Hop: Here's the Story

Happy Lunar New Year and the first day of February! ( I'm not sure where January went, even if it is the longest month of the year.)  It's time for the February 2022 stamp of the month blog hop featuring Here's the Story.  (If you're already hopping, then you've probably arrived from Show and Tell with Michelle's blog.  From here, you'll visit Darlys next.)  Each month, I challenge to use the stamp of the month by itself, without the addition of other stamp sets.  Because this stamp set lends itself well to scrapbook pages, I challenged myself even more to try to create cards with this exclusive set.

As I looked at the different frames, I wondered if I could create a pleasing pattern with them.  

My first card will be my husband's Valentine, so I was channeling a little more masculine look.  I stamped the frame in black on Candy Apple cardstock, overlapping the images in a sort of trellis pattern.  I absolutely love how easy it is to see where you're stamping with our clear My Acrylix stamp sets and blocks!  I fussy cut the focal frame and sentiment after stamping in Black on White Daisy cardstock.  The sentiment itself was stamped with Candy Apple ink.  Black shimmer trim and enamel dots finish off this card.

My second card will be my firstborn's Valentine.  Pink is her favorite color, so I selected Flamingo and Charcoal.  I first cut the Flamingo cardstock to fit a standard A2 card and then stamped the frame in the bottom right corner as a guide.  Next, I cut the panel at an angle to eliminate the bottom portion.  I stamped the oval frame as chains across the panel.  To put this card together, I cut a piece of Charcoal cardstock for the bottom portion (using the lighter shade) then adhered the Flamingo panel on top.  I fussy cut the oval frame (stamped in Charcoal with the sentiment in Flamingo).  I added silver shimmer trim and glitter dots to finish off this card.

Now I still need to make our younger daughter's Valentine, because honestly, I love all three of them the most!  What will you make with this set?


Hopefully my cards have inspired you to look at the February stamp of the month, Here's the Story, in a new way.  Please leave a comment before continuing the hop by visiting Darlys's blog next!  
{Click HERE for all the hop participants and their blogs.}




11 comments:

  1. Brilliant idea!! Love the frame patterns. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh...well weren't you creative?! I love how you used the frames as patterns for the paper! GENIUS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You aren't going to believe this...I did the exact same idea but mine didn't turn out nearly as nice as this. I didn't want to post it because...meh! These are fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Becca-expressions, I can't believe that yours didn't turn out well!!!! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the random stamping for the background, Haley!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, the overlapped frames look so cool! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pattern you created with the frames! So clever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the frame patterns. So clever!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails