Tuesday, February 15, 2022

February Technique Blog Hop: Stunning Stencils

Stencils are a fun way to add dimension to your projects!  See all kinds of creative ways to use them (and even make them) on this month's technique blog hop.  (If you're already hopping, then you've probably arrived from Maz's blog.  From here, you'll visit Scrappin Katy's blog.)

This card was really fun to create!  I knew that I wanted to use the honeycomb stencil that I had cut for another project on a card (cut using my CTMH/Cricut Artbooking cartridge).  I wanted the edges to be more irregular than the original cut, so I cut off a few of the hexagons.

After placing my cardstock stencil on my slimline (8"x3.5") card base, I sponged Shortbread across the entire stencil and then added Sundance sponging to give it more dimension and "pop."  (Sorry, I didn't take a picture before I stamped my sentiment and accent images!)

I thought it would be fun to play on the "bee" them, so I stamped BEE with the Daisy Alphabet, then happy and day from the For All Occasions stamp set.  (They day was part of the Mother's Day stamp; I just inked up the word I needed.)  All the other stamped images came from the Sweet As Honey cardmaking stamp set.  I colored the two larger bees with Sundance shimmer brush and added a black acrylic arrow.  (I also used black shimmer trim and a piece of honeycomb paper from the Sweet As Honey collection.)

As you can see, you can cut your own stencils, or you can use some of the fabulous reusable stencils CTMH offers to add some fun dimension to your crafty projects.  Please leave me a comment before hopping on to Scrappin Katy's blog to continue the February Technique Blog Hop.



10 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails