Monday, July 3, 2023

Mother’s Day Layout

When I saw the CSI Case File No. 414, it inspired me to scrapbook our Mother’s Day pictures from this year.  I used the Close To My Heart Flower Shoppe and Hello Darlin’ collections.  


Can you tell how the case file inspired me?


I loved the color scheme, the dresses, and the florals especially.  (Unfortunately I couldn't figure out how to add a little bird to my layout.)


The white and sapphire floral paper is from the Flower Shoppe collection, and it added interest without overpowering my photos.  I absolutely love the Candy Apple, Periwinkle, Sage, and Sapphire floral from Hello Darlin', so I was able to use one of my last scraps on the left page.  All of the Sapphire and Candy Apple embellishments are from the retired Hello Darlin' embellishments (with the addition of clear sparkles).


The top and bottom Sapphire strips are also from Flower Shoppe.  To make the thin Candy Apple polka dot strips, I cut a zip strip carefully in half.


My journaling is pretty simple because this layout is part of our family album, and it would be obvious who is who based on the larger context.  I'm not yet ready to journal about how this was our first Mother's Day without BJ (and I may not ever be), but I have a few extra photos just in case I decide to do that.

Thanks for letting me share my Mother's Day layout and take on the CSI Case File No. 414!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails