Sunday, June 16, 2024

Sundays Are for Sketches: 3 of 22

Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there and to all the men who have stepped up to be a father figure in someone's life!  (I'm really grateful for these two, my dad and my daughters' dad/my husband!)


Now it's time to share Sketch Challenge #3!  Thanks to all who shared their creations last week.  Here are my suggestions for Sketch 3:


Again, I used the beautiful Unbounded Beauty DSP, this time with a Summer Splash cardstock base.  (I really can't decide which new In Color is my favorite!  They are all so pretty!). Rather than use ribbon or twine, I added a strip of Pretty in Pink glimmer paper.

See those pretty glimmer gems on the sentiment?  One of them is covering up a booboo!  When I inked up the "happy" portion of the stamp (from the Sentimental Park stamp set), I accidentally got a little ink on the B.  Rather than flip the oval over and try again, I added the gem to cover it up (after inking and stamping the "birthday" portion of the stamp).  As my dear friends/longtime customers know, "it's not a mistake; it's an opportunity to embellish!"

I can't wait to see your take on this sketch!  I've had a lot of fun making these cards (and as you can tell, I am in need of birthday cards because I am committed to sending more birthday cards this year).  Share your creations in the comments or on my Facebook page.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails