Friday, July 1, 2022

July Stamp of the Month: Voices of the Sea

Oh my goodness the July Close To My Heart stamp of the month is so pretty!  I had so much fun making this shaker card for our daughter.

Here's a close up of the adorable sea turtle in the shaker window:

If you'd like details, please read on!  I first used my Stitched Circles Thin Cuts to cut out the focal circle and the Lagoon stitched frame.  Then I stamped this cute little guy with Intense Black ink and colored the scene with several of my Spectrum Noir Tri-Blend markers: Dull Green Blend, Coral Blend, Muted Brown Blend, and Brown Gray Shades.  I love how much dimension you can get with three shades in one marker.

The next step is pretty labor intensive: I stamped and then fussy cut the image out of a sticky note so that I could make a mask.

I then sponged Toffee and Lagoon ink (in two steps with another mask) to create the background.  I decided to spritz on some Turquoise gloss spray to match the card panel.  Finally, I added some dimension to the turtle's eye with Black Onyx Liquid Pearls and to the bubbles with White Opal Liquid Pearls.  Lastly, I added some "waves" of Cool Mint Stickles.  

The finishing touch was to highlight parts of the image with clear shimmer brush.

Thanks for letting me share this adorable sea turtle card with you!  You can find the July stamp of the month, Voices of the Sea, right HERE!

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails