Tuesday, September 13, 2022

September Stamp of the Month: Black & Red Card

This weekend, I was inspired to create a fun card with the September stamp of the month, Enjoy These Moments, in Candy Apple and Black.  Now, you may be wondering why I would choose this color palette for fall, but if you know, you know!

I began with a Black 4.25"x5" cardstock panel.  I random stamped two of the leaves from the September stamp of the month in Candy Apple and the acorn cluster in Black around the edge of a piece of 4"x5.25" White Daisy cardstock.

For the actual card, I cut a piece of 3"x8.5" of black cardstock that I folded in half to make a small top-fold card.  I stamped the focal image on a 2.75" square of White Daisy cardstock, inking up in Candy Apple and rolling the edges in Black.  I added Candy Apple and Black shimmer trim to a piece of 2-3/4"x1-1/8" of White Daisy cardstock.  (I also added a few black enamel dots.)
On the inside of the card, I stamped a leaf in Candy Apple on the 2.75"x4" base.

So do you know why I chose my color scheme?
Our daughter is playing in her third and final season in the University of Georgia Redcoat Marching Band, and they had their second game/first home game this weekend.  I started thinking about football with the sentiment stamp!  I think this would be a fun card to recreate in other team colors, but of course red & black are my current favorites (with good reason).  What team colors would you use?

Remember, the September stamp of the month is only available this month!  Learn more HERE.


1 comment:

  1. Well, you know I'd use gold and black but I do know why you chose your colors! 😁 Joy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails