Monday, June 5, 2023

Botanical Shadows Cards (Set 1)

The June stamp of the month, Botanical Shadows, is a beautiful set of stamps.  Here are two cards that I made using very similar techniques.


I made a mask of cardstock by cutting the oval from the Cosette Cardmaking stamp set and Thin Cuts and used blending brushes to add ink in the oval window.  Then I stamped the floral and sentiment in Black and matted the panel on Black cardstock and then adhered to the card front.  

For the first card, I used (from the bottom up) Melon, Sundance, and Lagoon, then embellished with coordinating enamel dots.

The second card shows my process, using (again bottom up) Capri, Bluebird, and Sapphire.

After I removed my stencil, I thought that the oval needed something else.

I put the mask back on and then splattered white gloss spray onto the blue shadows.
I love how that turned out!  Here is the final version of the second card.

You can find the June stamp of the month, Botanical Shadows, HERE, and the blending brushes HERE.

Which card do you prefer?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails