Saturday, October 15, 2011

Reinker Techniques

Somehow I missed the sign up for this month's Close To My Heart Product Spotlight blog hop! The gals who actually are hopping are focusing on reinker techniques. Here's the card I made for my part of the hop. (If you'd like to check out the hop, go straight to Wendy's blog HERE.)

The piece across the bottom of this fall card uses the "cottoned color" reinker technique. Basically, you dab up some reinker with a cotton ball and then pounce it on your project. I used Desert Sand reinker and (non-CTMH) gold. It is very shimmery and pretty IRL.

This card starts with an A2 Desert Sand base with a matte of Sunset B&T. I used three different stamp sets (Love Birds and the retired Grown with Love and Flourished Blessings) and four different colors of ink (Desert Sand, Cranberry, Sunset, and Goldrush).

We are off to our local fall festival today! It has been really great having my cousin in town for a few days, and we hate to see her go. Hope you have a wonderful day no matter what you're doing!

4 comments:

  1. Really lovely. Thanks for joining in with our blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the gorgeous fall colors you used! Beautiful card...that little birdie is one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice card. Just how our outside looks right now, here in Mayberry...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this technique as well - I will have to try it! Hope all is well with you...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails