Monday, September 17, 2012

Enjoy the Ride Birthday Card

We took my brother-in-law out to lunch for his birthday Sunday.  Since he has recently bought himself a mountain bike, I knew that I had to use the National Stampin Month special stamp set, It's Your Day, for his birthday card.
I had to make his card in UGA colors, so I began with a standard-size side-fold White Daisy card base.  I cut a piece of black cardstock 1/4" smaller, and then a Cranberry piece 1/4" smaller than that.  I stamped the top piece of the Cranberry cardstock with the polka dot stamp in the set using Cranberry ink.  The bike was stamped in Black and then in 2nd and 3rd generation to give it "motion."  The chevron stamp makes a great tire tread.  I am loving the new Slate gray ink.  A little Cranberry baker's twine finished it off.

If this looks familiar, it's because it's the same basic card that you can see HERE, based on a Make It From Your Heart sketch.


3 comments:

  1. Great card--the motion-effect on the bike really works! Is this a new blog design? Very attractive! C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card. BiL is gonna mountain bike? Thud...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card! The motion of the bike is perfect - I must share this with my friends!! Thanks for the inspiration - awesome work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails