Sunday, September 23, 2012

Two Challenges, One Christmas Card

Even though Fall has just arrived, it's not too early to think about Christmas cards!

I based my card on the Sweet Sunday Sketch #168 challenge and the current Dynamic Duos #21 color combo, Always Artichoke and Certainly Celery.  (Allisa Chilton's card at Dynamic Duos totally inspired me!)


For my card, I started with a Colonial White standard card and swiped the edges of if and the Colonial White frame with Sweet Leaf ink.  The main panel is a piece from the new Pear & Partridge paper pack.  I used scraps of Sweet Leaf polka dot paper and card stock, plus a strip of New England Ivy too.  The pattern on the Sweet Leaf cardstock is the edge of one of the stamps from the upcoming CTMH October stamp of the month, Very Merry Christmas, that I stamped with New England Ivy to give that piece some interest.

The ornament is also from the October SOTM, and I stamped it in both Sweet Leaf and New England Ivy, then cut it out and pieced it together.  Can you see the sparkles I added with the Stardust Glitz Glitter Gel and the silver metallic pen faux stitching?  To color the seam binding knot, I dampened it and then dropped Sweet Leaf reinker on it.  I like how the color bled.

One Christmas card down, 99 or so more to go... I will have to make a variety this year just to get them all finished!  Do you send Christmas or holiday cards too?

9 comments:

  1. Love your take on the sketch. I came soo close to using that ornament on my card! The set is sitting on my desk ever so patiently waiting to be inked! Thanks for playing with us at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous take on both challenges! I love the big ornament and the muted colors - it's just gorgeous! Thanks for playing along this week with us at SSSC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Christmad card! Love that pretty ornament and that dainty bow, too! Thanks for sharing this with us at Dynamis Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, Haley! I'm getting the Christmas card bug, too... time to get going!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job incorporating the sketch and the challenge colors - that would not be my choice of colors for a Christmas card (just not my taste) but I like the sketch idea and the ornament stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, so pretty!!! Love the layout and the pretty ribbon you attached to the ornament! Great mix of patterns too! Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your use of the colors and the variety of patterns! So glad to see you at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the sketch you chose for this card! Pretty ornament. Thank you for joining us this week at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice job with both challenges...pretty ornament!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails