Monday, September 10, 2012

H2H Challenges: Bigger is Better!

At Heart 2 Heart Challenges, we've got a BIG challenge for you: create a BIG card, or at least bigger than the standard 4.25"x5.5".  One of my favorite big sizes is the 8"x3.5" size, because you can easily make two from one sheet of cardstock.  Rather than cut my own, however, I started with one of Close To My Heart's pretty Colonial White die cut card bases.  (You get 10 scalloped cards and envelopes for only $6.95.)
My new Jardin stamp set was begging for some ink, s'il vous plait, so I inked two of the larger images up in Blush, Smokey Plum, and Black. 

Are you decorating the insides of your cards too?  It takes very little extra effort to add a little something special to your cards.

Here are a few close ups of the stamping.  I added some Silver Glitter Glitz Gel to the butterfly's body.  After stamping and cutting out the bow, I added a smokey gray sparkle from the black sparkles collection.  Can you see where I added a piece of black tulle ribbon?
 
Now it's your turn to create and show off a BIG card.  If you need more inspiration, visit the H2H blog to check our DT samples.  Then, link up your BIG card.  I'll see you there!
 
All supplies from CTMH: Jardin stamp set; Colonial White Die Cut cards; La Belle Vie paper pack; Black, Blush, and Smokey Plum ink; black tulle ribbon; black sparkes; silver glitter glitz gel

4 comments:

  1. Haley -

    This card is just gorgeous!

    Paige

    ReplyDelete
  2. I follow your blog and you card just caught my eye-- love it:)
    Maureen (mosmojo)

    Somethingtoscrapabout-maureen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails