Monday, September 24, 2012

H2H Challenges: Christmas Is Coming!

Did you know that Christmas will be here in about 13 weeks?  I don't want to send anyone into a panic with Fall having just arrived, but it's coming quickly!  At Heart 2 Heart Challenges, we're trying to help you prepare by tackling some of those holiday cards and projects early this year.

For my card, I started with the lovely Pear and Partridge paper pack, a simple sketch from the Make It From Your Heart, Vol. 1 how-to guide, and the upcoming October stamp of the month, Very Merry Christmas.  I stamped the ornament on scrap Colonial White in both Cranberry and Olive, and then I carefully cut out the Cranberry ornament and the Olive center strip to give the ornament more depth.  With thoughts of mailing this card in mind, I used a little Cranberry baker's twine and Red Glitter Glitz Gel to keep it from being too bulky while still looking festive.  The sentiments were stamped in New England Ivy.

If you'd like more holiday inspiration, be sure to check our Design Team's festive projects.  Then get busy yourself and create a project or two for the upcoming holidays.  Remember, this Christmas challenge is our last challenge of September, and you have until the end of the month to play.  (You've also got time to link up to any of the other H2H September challenges.)  I can't wait to see what you make!  Remember to use some Close To My Heart products, please.  Merry early Christmas!

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE this card! I hope you don't mind if I scraplift it. I think this is a perfect quick but stunning card to use as one of the cards in my Christmas card class :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! I love the big ornament! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now THESE colors are right up my alley! I love this paper pack and especially this particular pattern. And I saw this card "in person" yesterday - it is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply lovely card (that ornament image is stunning!) and I appreciate how you kept the card pretty flat for mailing...I'm with Dorothy--this is getting scraplifted for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails