Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Deepest Sympathy Card

Sadly two of my colleagues' mother lost her fight to cancer this weekend.  I made each of them versions of this card to send my condolences. 

I thought that the current Color My Heart Color Dare challenge #602 to use (Close To My Heart's) Periwinkle, Wisteria, and Royal was the perfect color scheme for these cards.  I grabbed my Stampin' Up! Painted Lavender stamp set and all three ink colors, plus Rosemary for the stems, to create this card.  The sentiment is from a retired CTMH stamp set, and the Periwinkle paper is from the retired Cherish the Memories collection.

To finish the card, I splattered Wisteria shimmer brush to add some interest, texture, and sparkle to the card.  I kept it simple so that I could focus on the message.   I love the versatility of stamping and how you can change the "tone" of your card/scrapbook layout with colors and sentiments.  

Please keep this family in your prayers if you can.


6 comments:

  1. Never an easy card to make. Yours is beautiful. Thanks for sharing at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CAS and beautiful sympathy card. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is beautiful! I love the simplicity and use of our colors. Thanks for sharing at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely gorgeous! Wonderful design. Thank you for sharing with us at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just notice you used Rosemary for the stems. That is not one of our Color Dare colors. So sorry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry you don't consider Rosemary to be a neutral. Thanks for letting me share anyway!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails