Thursday, May 28, 2009

Aunt Amy's Girl? (Layout #23)

This layout has been in the works for a LONG time! I knew that I wanted to record how much my youngest is like my baby sister. We laugh sometimes that I carried her daughter. Of course, she is also a lot like her daddy, which I will showcase at another point in time. It must have something to do with all three of them being the babies of their families!


The photo op presented itself at the baby shower for my nephew, held when he was about a month old. (I don't think I included that info on the layout so I will go back and add that journaling.) Aunt Amy had kicked off her shoes and Macey soon followed suit, even though she wasn't copying Aunt Amy. Macey NEVER keeps her shoes on- JUST LIKE Aunt Amy! I couldn't resist snapping a photo of their shoes side-by-side. ;) The funniest part was that when I got my photos back, NONE of us were wearing our shoes by the time the shower was over. Not Grammie, Aunt Amy, her boys, my girls, nor me.

If you're still with me, then you might be interested to know that this layout sketch (called Easy Inspiration) came from my Close To My Heart Cherish how-to book. I used my favorite Emporium paper pack and a sheet from the Emporium Creative Basics paper pack. Don't they compliment the photos nicely? Blue is Macey's favorite color, and neither she nor Aunt Amy are frilly girly girls. The colors are Twilight, Crystal Blue, and Sweet Leaf. I used The Works alphabet stamp set for my title, and I couldn't resist the shoes from my retired Let's Shop set. The only things non-CTMH are my computer journaling and the blue flowers. Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

  1. Great layout! And I think my youngest is related to them, too - although she loves shoes, she takes them off the minute she gets home - and her favorite shoes are flipflops! I need to start taking pictures of her feet and do a flipflop layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Halley -

    I left you a surprise on my blog!

    Paige

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome layout! The colors work so well with the pics. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your work! So cute! I would like to share a link to a website that has fabulous crafting furniture. I am sure you will love it. I am currently in a competition to win an EZ VIew desk but would also love the workbox. If you like, you could vote for my entry #274 in the giveaway gallery.

    Thanks in advance

    Doreen Martinez
    http://www.theoriginalscrapbox.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the layout! How could I not when the subjects are so darn cute?!? The one of Macey in the dress up outfit cracks me up.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails